Bangalore to Ooty Taxi Service
Bangalore to Ooty Route:
Bangalore to Ooty trip can be an excellent option for an amazing weekend extravaganza. The mesmerizing hill station of Ooty is situated at a distance of 276 KM from Bangalore and the journey can be covered in around 6 hours if you avail Bangalore to Ooty taxi service. The best route to Ooty from Bangalore is via Ramanagaram - Mandya - Srirangapatna - Mysore - Nanjangudu - Bandipur - Masinagudi. It's a very scenic journey through heavily forested winding roads comprising of sharp hair-pin bends and you will get plenty of opportunities to click beautiful photographs of the picturesque landscape throughout the journey.
Why Hire a Taxi for Bangalore to Ooty Trip?
Taxi is the most preferred mode of transport between Bangalore and Ooty among the travellers. Considering the travel time and level of comfort, Bangalore to Ooty taxi service is undoubtedly the best option that a traveller can choose. Here are a few reason why you should avail taxi service for your Bangalore to Ooty trip -
1. Convenient and Comfortable:
Hiring a taxi for Bangalore-Ooty trip is the most convenient travel option. You can schedule the timings at your own convenience. It is way more comfortable than the bus service and allows you to enjoy the scenic nature of the route as you would like. You can stop by a beautiful view-point, or enjoy the lovely springs by the road-side to make it a memorable journey - which would otherwise be impossible if you are travelling by public transport.
2. Less Time Consuming:
It would take around 6 hours to reach Ooty from Bangalore if you are travelling by a private taxi. Bus service takes around 10-12 hours in comparison. So when you opt for Bangalore to Ooty taxi service, you are saving around 4-6 hours which you can rather spend visiting the places of interest in and around Ooty.
3. Flexibility and Freedom to Explore Places En-route:
Last, but not the least, there are quite a few interesting places en-route Bangalore to Ooty that you can visit during your trip. Travelling by taxi allows you the freedom to explore places of tourist interests along the route and proceed towards Ooty at your own pace. Srirangapatna, Mysore, Bandipur National Park and Masinagudi are a few famous tourist places that you can cover during your journey from Bangalore to Ooty.
Ooty, also known as Ootacamund or Udhagamandalam, is one of the most popular hill stations in South India. Perched at an elevation of over 7300 feet above the sea level, this scenic hill station situated in the Nilgiri mountain ranges is fondly called as the 'Queen of Hill Stations'. With splendid panoramic vistas of undulating hills, Ooty has all the ingredients to impress the visitors at the very first sight. This popular honeymoon destination has served as the backdrop of many superhit Bollywood and regional movies. Blessed with thoroughly pleasant climate, the place is frequented by loads of tourists from all parts of the country, as well as abroad, throughout the whole year.
The landscape of Ooty is marked by rolling hills, dense forests, scenic tea gardens, turquoise lakes and scintillating waterfalls. Ooty also offers a number of adventure activities like trekking, camping and wildlife sightings that are sure to amaze the adrenaline junkies. Fun ride on the Nilgiri Heritage Mountain Railway from Ooty to Coonoor - a mesmerizing journey of awe-inspiring landscapes and beautiful serene locations - is another attraction that sets Ooty apart from other popular hill stations in South India.
Must Visit Tourist Attractions in Ooty:
There are numerous places of tourist interests in and around Ooty. Breathtaking view points, serene lakes, enchanting waterfalls, lush-green tea gardens and scenic trekking trails are the main USP of Ooty. Listed below are a few must visit places that you should not miss out during your Ooty trip -
1. Ooty Lake: Situated at the heart of Ooty town, this huge lake attracts the travellers like no other. It's an ideal place to take a romantic boat ride and spend a memorable evening with your loved one. You may also try your hands at horse riding at this place. There is a Children's Park and a Shopping Center near the lake to keep the tourists engaged.
2. Doddabetta Peak: Located at an altitude of 8650 feet above the sea level, it's the highest point in the entire Nilgiri region. The place offers a bird's eye view of the Ooty town and the surrounding mountain ranges. There is an observatory with telescope to enjoy the panoramic view of the Nilgiri mountains.
3. Kalhatti Falls: A perfect place to unwind with friends and family members. The place offers splendid views of water cascading down from a height of around 100 feet. You can get into the water and have some real fun. It is also a popular trekking route and camping site for the adventure enthusiasts.
4. Botanical Garden: A highly frequented tourist spot in Ooty, the Botanical Garden is located on the sloping gradients of the Doddabetta peak. Spread across 22 hectares, the place is home to over 1000 species of exotic and indigenous plants, herbs and trees. The highlight of the garden is a fossil tree that is believed to be 20 million years old!
5. Emerald Lake: Located at a distance of 25 KM from Ooty town, this lake is a scenic paradise. You can enjoy splendid views of sunrise and sunset from this place. It is also a bird watchers' paradise as you can spot a number of native and migratory two-winged species here. The lake is surrounded by tea plantations and the lush-green setup makes the place even more exotic.
6. Wax World: A smaller version of the famous Madame Tussauds museum with some impressive wax sculptures. It houses life-size look-a-like wax statues of prominent Indian personalities. If you are an admirer of art works, it's a must visit attraction for you in Ooty. The museum is a huge hit with the kids as well.
7. Murugan Temple: An ancient temple dedicated to Lord Murugan. Situated on top of Elk Hill, the place offers spectacular views of Ooty's undulating landscape. There is an observatory as well which offers stunning 360 degree views of the surrounding hill ranges.
8. Pykara Lake and Waterfalls: A perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life and is extremely popular with nature lovers. The huge natural lake at Pykara is famous for its boat house and boating here is as blissful as it can get. The multi-tiered Pykara waterfalls, formed by the Pykara river, is equally fantastic and umpteen number of movies have been shot in its picturesque backdrop.
9. Ooty Golf Course: Ooty is home to one of the oldest golf courses in India, established in 1891. Located at over 7000 feet above the sea level, this eighteen-hole golf course with verdant surroundings is truly unique in nature.
10. Kamaraja Sagar Dam: Popularly called as the Sandynallah Reservoir, the Kamaraj Sagar Dam is an idyllic location to enjoy a family get-together or outdoor picnic. Surrounded by unspoiled beauty of nature, the place is also known for fishing and angling activities.
Must Do Things in Ooty:
1. Don't miss out to take a ride on the world-famous Nilgiri Mountain Railways. It's a UNESCO World Heritage site that connects Ooty with Mettupalayam. The ride on this toy train powered by a steam engine on a narrow gauge railway track with several bends and tunnels is an unique experience loved by tourists of all ages.
2. If you are a wildlife enthusiast, a jungle safari at Bandipur-Madumalai Tiger Reserve is a must do activity. If you are lucky, you can very well spot the elusive king of jungle - the Royal Bengal Tiger. Other widely spotted animals in this wildlife reserve include elephant, deer, wild boar, nilgai, sambar, and Malabar giant squirrel. Among the bird species, you can easily come across Peacocks, Ospreys, Honey Buzzards, Malabar Pied Hornbills, Pea Fowls, Hill Mynas, Serpent Eagles, Shaheen Falcons and Gray Headed Firhings to name a few.
3. For every trekking enthusiast, a trek to Glenmorgan is a must do thing while in ooty. Trekking through tribal villages to the tiny hamlet surrounded by tea gardens, forested valley and a tranquil lake can be an experience to cherish for a long time. The views that you will get from here will certainly leave you spell-bound!
4. Another popular activity while you are in Ooty is to visit a tea garden and factory. It will give you a first hand experience of how tea leaves are nurtured, plucked, and processed. Over here you get to understand the different stages of tea production. If you are a tea lover, you can even pack home a wide variety of quality tea leaves as gifts to your near and dear ones.
5. Ready for some adrenaline rush? Here's introducing you to Mountain Biking in Ooty. Ooty has a park especially designed for mountain bikers. Biking through the rugged hilly terrains is a challenge that the daredevil tourists enjoy a lot.
6. With so many lakes around, angling and fishing is another interesting activity to take-up in Ooty. Emerald Lake, Kamaraja Sagar Dam and Pykara are a few place where you can indulge in fresh-water angling.
Best Time to Visit Ooty:
Ooty can be visited throughout the year - thanks to its pleasant climatic conditions irrespective of the season. The maximum temperature during summer months does not rise beyond 25 degree Celsius, while in winters, the mercury seldom drops below 7 degree Celsius mark. Ooty receives heavy rainfalls during the short monsoon season in July-August and the average temperature hovers around 15-20 degree Celsius during those days.
In terms of tourist rush, March to June, that is the summer season, is the most popular, followed by the spring season between September and November. If you are not keen on having too many tourists around during your Ooty trip, then you can pick the winter season from December to February. If you are not afraid by rain and thunder-showers, you may also decide to visit Ooty during the monsoon season. The lush green scenery comes alive during the monsoons - bringing Ooty to its splendid best looks!
A Few Tips for Bangalore-Ooty Trip:
1. Being a hill station, Ooty is in general a cold place. Even in the summer months, you could feel chilling breeze after sunset. So it's always wise to carry some woolen cloths during your Ooty trip.
2. Situated at an altitude of over 7000 feet above the sea level, tourists may experience altitude sickness in Ooty. So it is better to carry appropriate medications, especially if you are travelling with aged people and/or toddlers.
3. Ooty observes decent tourist rush throughout the year. Specifically during the weekends, nearly all hotels/resorts/guest houses run full to their respective capacity. So it is advisable to book your accommodation in advance.
4. Bangalore to Ooty route passes through Bandipur National Park. Being a reserve forest, there is night traffic restrictions along the sanctuary road. The forest gate remains closed from 6 PM to 6 AM. So plan your travel accordingly.
5. As is the case with almost all tourist places in India, avoid visiting secluded areas during late night. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
6. The majority of tourists usually cover Ooty and Coonoor in a single trip. As an added bonus, you can also include Kotagiri in your trip itinerary. Situated at a distance of just 30 KM, Kotagiri is a magnificent place to visit for the nature lovers.
7. If you want to take a ride on Nilgiri Mountain Railway, do make sure to book in advance from IRCTC website. People often fail to get tickets on the spot despite standing in the ticket queue for hours.
8. Keep your camera ready while passing through the Bandipur-Madumalai National Park. There is high probability that you could catch some wildlife in action while passing through this beautiful and scenic stretch.
9. Ooty is famous for good quality yet cheap warm clothes. If you are interested to do some shopping from Ooty, make sure to visit the Tibetan Market for some gorgeous woolen and leather products.
8. Lastly, do not forget to keep some emergency numbers handy. Here are a few that you might need during your Ooty trip -
Police Station: +91-423-2444065
Government Hospital: +91-423-2442212
Tourism Office: +91-423-2443837
Looking for a Reliable Taxi Service for Your Bangalore-Ooty Trip?
If you are on the lookout for a reliable, comfortable and trustworthy taxi service provider for your upcoming trip to Ooty from Bangalore, look no further than VajraCabs. VajraCabs offers car rental and taxi service packages from Bangalore to Ooty at incredibly affordable prices - both for single way and round-trip journeys.
Driven by professional and experienced chauffeurs, you can be assured to have a comfortable ride. From an economy class Tata Indica to luxury class Toyota Innova, we offer a wide varity of vehicles to choose from. With so many vehicle types at your disposal, you can select your preferred vehicle according to your budget and group size.
At a starting price of just INR 7.80 per KM, we offer one of the cheapest taxi services for Bangalore-Ooty trip. Besides getting the most affordable pricing, you can be assured of transparent billing as well. The entire breakup of the taxi fare will be provided upfront and there will be absolutely no hidden charges. If a 'value for money' deal is what you are looking for, then VajraCabs can be your perfect travel partner!
Why Choose VajraCabs?
Reliable Service - We give serious thought to road safety and always strive to be reliable.
Lowest Price - Our ultimate objective is to provide the best-in-class service at the cheapest possible price.
On-time Availability - We make it a point to strictly adhere to the given timelines without fail.
Well-maintained Vehicles - A young fleet of vehicles for today's dynamic travellers!
Experienced and Courteous Chauffeurs - Thoroughly professional dealing is assured along with safe and comfortable ride.
24x7 Support - Our customer support team is always at your service - no matter what time of the day/night you need our assistance!
So what are you waiting for? Just book your Bangalore-Ooty taxi through VajraCabs and savour a safe, hassle-free and memorable travel experience to the "Queen of Hill Stations" - the mesmerizing Ooty!
We, Besto Tours, are well-known for our affordable Bangalore to Ooty cab services with transparent billing and no extra hidden charges. You will not find as competitive and affordable as we are in this industry.
We have a variety of cars from which one can choose to book a taxi from Bangalore to Ooty. Some of the popular car models include Indica, Etios, Innova, Tempo Traveller and other luxury cars. You can select any car as per your requirement. The table below highlights the various car model options available and their rates which you can choose for Bangalore to Ooty cab booking.
|Vista Non Ac 4 + 1 Seater||₹ 7.50|
|Dzire Ac 4 + 1 Seater||₹ 8.00|
|Vista Ac 4 + 1 Seater||₹ 8.00|
|Etios Ac 4 + 1 Seater||₹ 9.00|
|Ciaz Ac 4 + 1 Seater||₹ 9.50|
|Xylo Non Ac 6 + 1 Seater||₹ 10.00|
|Tavera Non Ac 8 + 1 Seater||₹ 11.00|
|Xylo Ac 6 + 1 Seater||₹ 12.00|
|Innova Ac 7 + 1 Seater||₹ 12.00|
|Tavera Ac 8 + 1 Seater||₹ 13.00|
|Innova Ac 6 + 1 Seater||₹ 13.00|
|Innova Crysta Ac 7 + 1 Seater||₹ 14.00|
|Traveller Non Ac 12 + 1 Seater||₹ 14.00|
|Tempo Traveller Ac 12 + 1 Seater||₹ 16.00|
|Mini Bus Non Ac 21 + 1 Seater||₹ 21.00|
|Mini Bus Ac 21 + 1 Seater||₹ 26.00|
|*Price as on 18-mar-2019 and it may vary, so please input the dates to find the exact amount.|
The distance between Bangalore and Ooty is about 277km and if you choose to go by road then it will take 6 hours 10 minutes to cover this distance. If you choose to ride with us, we will ensure your journey will be comfortable and safe. You can tell the driver to pull over anywhere anytime you want to take lunch or tea during this long-distance journey on road. Take a break for a while and start your journey again. Our website is India's online marketplace of taxi operators where you can book a taxi online in only few steps. Start your hassle-free journey by booking a car with us for Bangalore to Ooty journey. Choose Besto Tours and book Bangalore to Ooty cabs to cover the distance in optimal time.
Besto Tours offers various budget-friendly Bangalore to Ooty Car Packages for our customers. You can select any of the packages we offer as per your budget. If you want to know further details or have any queries, you can contact our customer care support.
You have arrived at Bangalore airport and you have traveled from a long distance and you are too exhausted but don’t know how to reach Ooty safely and timely? Besto Tours will help you to make your Bangalore to Ooty journey smoother and comfortable. You just need to book our cab and need to put pick up location as Bangalore airport, That's all it takes and Your cab will have arrived on time.
One out of three of our customers use our last mile airport connectivity and convenience to reach the most remote parts of the country without any hassles.